Best. Motto. Ever.

Best. Motto. Ever.
You'll hear me repeat it until my dying day: "BARE FEET = HAPPY LIFE!" ...It's THAT simple!

Friday, May 3, 2013

Summer's Coming 2013, part 2: A Funny Bare Feet Day Outta' Nowhere

Ruby (NJ)
Me (NY)
Erin (FL)
     Continuing the theme of the last blogpost, yesterday was a really funny bare feet-related day, that was totally unexpected but, nonetheless, very welcome! As mentioned in that last blog, my dear friend, Ruby, and I have this cute, little, silly game that we play, where we text each other our bare feet at random points throughout the day, with whatever activity we're doing at the time. Whether it's at a sports event (like a Phillies game.. Right, Ruby? LOL), with shoes-off & bare feet relaxing, or at the library, in the backyard, at the supermarket, at a wedding reception..wherever we are, if there's a funny barefoot picture to be taken, we send it to each other! So, there I am, chilling out on the rooftop at work, which I tend to do a LOT, bare feet up and cigar lit. I text Ruby a "hello!" photo to show her my rockstar-painted toes are happily sun-worshipping. Not to be outdone, Ruby texts me her bare feet in return, as she was out in the backyard, "supervising" the landscapers working on the yard pond! Nice! But then, we get a 3rd set of bare feet joining the party, as my beautiful friend in Orlando, Erin, says me a bare feet hello from sunny & 80-degrees down south! This makes me chuckle, because you can never have enough bare feet happiness in life! I get the urge to talk to a friend, so I text Ruby that I would love to actually talk on the phone (People still DO that?!!), have some laughs, and catch up on life, because it's been awhile since we heard each other's voices. A few minutes later, Ruby rings my cel phone, and I get up from the chair to shuffle around (barefoot) on that warm, sunny NYC rooftop, while I'm about to love every minute of conversation with sweet Ruby. ..Now, I've written many times of my love of dancing barefoot all night with my amazing female friends & dates at various wedding receptions, and at those alcohol-fueled bashes, it's not a stretch to say that my feet definitely take a beating, ending up fairly dirty by the end of the night. But, you wanna know my opinion on dirty feet? Unless you're a homeless person who has no access to a shower, if the bottoms of your bare feet are dirty, then, 9 times outta 10, it means that YOU had a pretty awesome time with your shoes off! However, it usually takes me 3 or 4 hours of drunken, bare feet dancing, fun for my feet to get all filthed up. I talked with Ruby for a grand total of 23 minutes, walking around on that rooftop, and as I said that I loved her, and loved finally getting the chance to talk, I glanced down at the sole of my foot! HOLY CRAP! 23 minutes of "urban rooftop bare feet", and I went from spotless, immaculate feet to Grateful Dead/Phish hippie feet! LOL!!! Thank God for moisturizing Dove bodywash & a shower brush! I texted Ruby a funny picture of my now-horrific feet, causing her to bust out laughing at my icky predicament! Then I also texted a pic to Erin, who sent me back her dirty feet, describing, "I've been barefoot all day too! Look what I'm dealing with!" LOL! ..This IS the price we pay for being awesome barefooters, and it's a price we are HAPPY to pay, baby! Now back to the pedicure place.. STAT! :)
23 minutes of bare feet urban rooftop strolling and it's "Phish feet"!
Erin's "barefoot-all-day" results mirror my 23 minutes!



No comments:

Post a Comment