Best. Motto. Ever.

Best. Motto. Ever.
You'll hear me repeat it until my dying day: "BARE FEET = HAPPY LIFE!" ...It's THAT simple!

Friday, November 11, 2011

..More Wedding Reception Barefootin' ...(even without any shoe-theft pranks!)


When it comes to dancefloor fun and craziness,
if I'm the "King of Bare Feet",
then beautiful Ariel is definitely my Queen!
    
     "I never wear my shoes at weddings! In fact, I take my shoes off SO fast, it's like, 'Why bother even wearing them in?! I should just leave them in the car!!'" ..That great & hilarious quote is from my awesome pal, and fellow barefoot-a-holic, Ariel (pictured above, and to the right, havin' fun & barefoot boogie-ing at a family wedding), and she is exactly like me with the "shoes are overrated" mentality. You can't say we all don't have fun, right? Life's just more FUN w/o shoes, and that motto goes for just about anytime that you're not dealing with frostbite-inducing temperatures, sharp objects, or slugs in your yard!
Ariel's barefoot in the top photo, and she's
STILL rockin' dancefloors barefoot, no excuses!
     One other cute "shoes off" wedding moment for me came at my friends', Paul & Loretta, wedding a few years back. I was actually in the wedding party, and all prim & proper in my tuxedo (and horrifically tight patent leather shoes), as we did the introductions and then kicked off the reception full tilt. A few songs in, and I had only taken off the jacket & loosened the tie at that point, and I was on my way over to the bar for a couple of tequila shots, when I was corralled onto the dancefloor by Jen, who, once she got going, there was no slowing her down for the entire night. We were throwing it down pretty intensely to some great party tunes, and Jen leaned in and shouted in my ear, "My feet are killing me in these heels, but I don't know if I should take them off, because no one else has their shoes off, YET!!" ..I looked at her and laughed, and said, "What?!! Is that ALL you're worried about?!", and kicked off my dress shoes right there in the middle of the dancefloor. Then bent down, took her heels off for her, scooped up both pairs of our shoes, and softball tossed them over to our table, where they landed almost perfectly, with a thud, by our seats. And thus, just like that, it was shoes-off & bare feet for the rest of the night! A fantastic reception! Yeah, we were all verrrrrrrry drunk, and didn't really leave the dancefloor except to eat dinner, and for the cake-cutting/other wedding stuff. But it was easily proved once again: "Barefoot, anytime, anywhere"... And, for us..and most other people (even if they don't cut loose like us)..that phrase always = good times! ...More proof of this is in the photo below, and I truly feel bad for anyone that's never experienced being barefoot all night on a cool, smooth marble dancefloor!



No comments:

Post a Comment